Sunday, December 18, 2011

Comic Cover Critique Part 2



Yesterday I was critical of Jim Lee's Justice League cover, and to balance that here's the cover for Uncanny X-Men 275. This cover has had a huge impact on me - when I saw it, I was reading the Finnish reprints of Uncanny X-Men which were almost a hundred issues behind, but upon seeing this cover, I was so intrigued of the weird changes to the usual look of X-Men that I started reading the English Uncanny X-Men starting as well, and for a 13-year old Claremont's prosaic language was great for learning the language.

The three-fold cover has a well-thought symmetric composition, the white background is effective with the complementary yellows in the costumes and the purple of the side characters. Gritty but monumental!

No comments:

Post a Comment